Tattoos have become the most fashionable way to flaunt one’s style and attitude, by having the relevant ones designed on the body. These amazing pieces of art are seen on various parts of the body, including arms, legs, shoulder, back, side, thighs, ankles, and even, face and fingers. However, the popularity of chest tattoos for men and women has always surpasses that of the ones engraved on any other part of the body. Another extraordinary thing about chest tattoos is the variety one is likely to find in terms of designs, with almost an unlimited range to choose from. The result one gets is an attractive tattoo to flaunt one’s perfectly fit torso, which is sure to make heads turn in the direction wherever one goes.
Table of Contents
Significance of Chest Tattoos for Men and Women
Chest is one of the most important parts of the body, as it holds the heart, which is the essence of life. This is the reason why one must be thoughtful while choosing the tattoo design for the chest, as it signifies one’s true belief and dedication. Also, chest offers a wide area for showcasing the most attractive as well as complicated designs, and this is the area often flaunted by men and women as they go on the beach for a summer break. This is why chest tattoos have become a style statement for men and women today.
Pros and Cons of Chest Tattoos
Chest tattoos have their own sets of benefits and disadvantages. These tattoos are considered more suitable for men as they can be drawn over a larger area, which means that the artist can concentrate on better detailing because of the greater surface area offered. Also, this ensures that the size of the tattoo is not an issue as they can be extended both upwards and downwards, covering other body parts along with the chest. In this way, there is no need to make any compromise with the design due to scarcity of the area. Additionally, the pain factor matters significantly, as in case of men, this area is not so sensitive and the pain of getting a tattoo done here is bearable. Click to know more about chest tattoo pain @yahoo answers, @quora. The skin in the upper area of the chest is also less susceptible to age related changes in both men and women, which makes these tattoos lasting. In this way, tattoo lovers who get chest tattoos done are likely to get value for their money.
On the other hand, the chest and breast area is very sensitive in case of women. This makes chest tattoo engraving very painful for them, which is the reason why many women abstain from this form of tattoo art. Moreover, women cannot simply bare it all to display their chest tattoo, which reduces the value of chest tattoo in women. Most of the women, if they opt for a chest tattoo, will prefer to have the same in the upper chest area, near the shoulder.
Making a selection of tattoo design, whether for the chest or any other part of the body, is a vital issue and should be done with utmost care. The reason is that one should choose something which matches one’s personality, preference and faith. The fact that getting tattoo art done is an expensive and time-consuming process, makes it all the more crucial to select the right kind of tattoo design. Moreover, tattoos are made to bare in front of all and they should be such that they should not hurt anyone’s sentiments. A wrong choice can prove to be quite a pain in the neck as reversal of tattoo is a very difficult job. One can make a lot of research from books and the internet before getting the perfect design in chest tattoos.
Chest Tattoos For Men
Popular Chest Tattoo Designs for Men and Women
The tattoo design one chooses for the chest area is a reflection of one’s pride and attitude, as it is for the whole world to see. There is a wide diversity in designs available for the chest tattoos as large and small tattoos can be engraved here. While some of the designs can be so large that they can extend to the shoulder, neck or then stomach, others can be quite small in size, the later mostly preferred by women, as they can only bare a part of the chest. Chest tattoos offer a great variety in terms of styles, designs and symbols, which boost the popularity of these tattoos to a greater extent. Here are some of the most popular chest tattoo designs for men and women:
- Heart Designs – Since the chest is the location of the heart, the designs which use hearts as the key aspect are considered symbolic in meaning besides being fashionable. The heart tattoo design is unisex in nature, implying it looks great on both, men and women. It comes in various forms, such as bleeding heart, sacred heart and pierced heart, all having a unique symbolic meaning. A bleeding heart stands for the pain and loss of love, while a sacred heart implies everlasting love, passion and faith. Similarly, a pierced heart design signifies the loss of love and that life can never be the same after it happens.
- Superhero Characters Designs – Superhero characters like Superman, Spiderman and Hulk make a popular choice for chest tattoos in men. Young men prefer to flaunt big tattoos on their chests, featuring these super heroes in action.
- Angels and Fairies – Another well liked chest tattoo design for both, men and women, is that featuring heavenly character like angels and fairies. Some quote or words can be combined with these tattoos to add a meaning to them.
- Tribal Tattoos – Tribal tattoo art is one of the most brilliant forms of tattoo art, which is revered by people all around the globe. Such tattoos signify a meaning and have historic significance, which is the reason why one should take into account their symbolism while having them engraved.
- Birds and Animals on Chest – Chest tattoos for men and women may feature attractive birds (such as phoenix) and animals (such as lion, fish) for a perfect design. While birds like dove make a great option to depict love and is liked by women, men prefer something more assertive such as eagle, lion and tiger in their chest tattoos. Insects like spiders may also be used in these designs.
- Religious Symbols – Religious symbols like cross and portraits of saints are also used in chest tattoos, in order to assert the religious faith and belief of the bearer. Celestial bodies like stars, moon and sun may also be included in these designs. Flowers designs like rose and lotus also find an important place in chest tattoo designs. Some other good options are musical symbols, cartoon characters, feathers, anchors, dreamcatcher, Maori tribal designs and natural objects.
In addition to these amazing chest tattoo designs, more and more tattoos are being created by tattoo artists all over the globe. While images and portraits are an important part of these tattoos, many of them use text and quotes to reflect the attitude of the bearer. For instance, the design may contain some kind of religious text or some quotes which define the feelings of hope, positivity, optimism and truth.