There is a considerable choice available for tattoo bearers who are looking for animal tattoo designs, one of which is horse tattoos. Horses have been man’s faithful friends for centuries now, being the mode of transport long before cars and trains were invented by human beings. They have helped carry men and burden in peace and war, through tough and easy terrain in the dark of the night and light of the day. As a result, horses have been aptly associated with faithfulness and endurance, standing by its master at the hour of needs. Man too has great love for equines and this mutual admiration has led to horse tattoos becoming a popular choice among tattoo lovers of both the sexes and all around the world.
Table of Contents
Symbolic Value of Horse Tattoos
For hundreds of years, horses have served men in various ways and have earned a reputation of being trustworthy guiders. They are also known as powerful creatures with free spirit and great passion. Horse tattoos make a good choice for those looking to embody all these qualities through this tattoo design. The visual appeal of horse tattoos is immense. As a result, the design combines both, good looks as well as symbolic value, which makes it a great option for discerning tattoo enthusiasts.
Placement of Horse Tattoos
The placement of horse tattoos is determined by the size and design of the horse, though a horse tattoo looks good in any size and at any placement. Preferably, horse tattoo are in large size and placed on large areas like the back, chest, hip, shoulder and leg. On the other hand, smaller horse tattoos like horse head and horse shoe tattoos can be featured on smaller areas like the wrist, ankle and back of the neck.
Popular Horse Tattoo Designs
Horse tattoos possess a great deal of versatility in terms of design and it really depends upon the creativity of the tattoo artist about how interesting a horse tattoo design can turn out to be. The design may be simple or bear some embellishments depending upon the taste of the bearer. Another important thing to consider is the right use of color; while black remains the eternal favorite in the color of horse tattoos, a creative tattoo artist can experiment with other colors to create a unique impact in horse tattoo designs. Moreover, the design is suitable for both men and women and can be molded accordingly, to highlight masculine or feminine attributes.
Here are some popular horse tattoo design options:
- Solitary Horse Tattoo – A solitary horse tattoo makes a good choice for someone who wants to express his love for an equine friend, deceased or living. The name of the horse can be added to the design to make the design complete.
- Group Horse Tattoo – Another cool option in horse tattoo designs for true horse lovers is a tattoo depicting a group of horses, either grazing peacefully in a ground or galloping along with each other. Such a design boasts of an amazing visual appeal and it can be made even more alluring by displaying horses of different colors and sizes.
- Horse Head Tattoo – A horse head makes a good choice for those who want to pay more attention to the detail as far as the beauty of the animal is concerned. A horse head design pays attention to features like its big eyes, flaring nostrils and beautiful mane.
- Horse Shoe Tattoo – Those who want a horse tattoo design in a smaller size can pick horse shoe tattoos as a suitable option. Horse show tattoos not only look good but also are considered as a good luck charm for the bearer. The horse shoe must have the open end in the upward direction so that the good luck is held inside for the bearer. The tattoo artist can make use of vibrant colors to ink a horse shoe tattoo.
- Galloping Horse Tattoo – A horse is not only a good looking animal but has beauty and grace in its movement. For people who really revere this amazing animal, a tattoo showing horse in motion is a wonderful choice.
- Tribal Horse Tattoo – A tribal design makes use of bold lines and curves to create a visually alluring design. A tribal horse design is a favorite among men who want to ink the power and stamina of the animal.
- War Horse Tattoo – A war horse tattoo design depicts a warrior riding a horse in the battlefield. The tattoo signifies the faithfulness and courage of the animal in the most difficult situations.
- Pegasus Tattoo – Those who want to have a design related to fantasy inked on their body can choose one featuring the Pegasus, a mythical creature which resembles a horse and has wings. This tattoo design has an amazing aesthetic appeal.
While opting for a horse tattoo design, one should be convinced about the expertise of the tattoo artist because only an experienced artist can bring out the best quality of the equine.