Tattoo art has become one of the most important ways of body adornment, with exquisite designs being featured on various prominent locations of the body. Some of the parts of the body where tattoos are commonly engraved are back, neck, shoulder, chest, legs, ankles, spine, arms, face, fingers and wrists. Wrist tattoos are a great way to showcase one’s attitude and style statement as it is an area visible to all, which makes it perfect for featuring attractive tattoos. Since the area available for creating tattoo designs on the wrist is comparatively smaller, the wrist tattoo designs are usually small in size. However, the small size of the tattoo can be compromised by looking for something graceful and artistic, as size hardly matters in this case. Rather, an attractive wrist tattoo design is more like a bracelet and can catch the eyes of the onlooker.
Table of Contents
Pros and Cons of Wrist Tattoos
Like all other things, wrist tattoos too have their own set of pros and cons. The best thing about wrist tattoos is that they are eye catching in nature, wrist being a prominent part of the body. The tattoos need not be very large to attract attention, which means that you can get across your message without being too loud and spending a lot of money. On the other hand, wrist tattoos are not lasting as this area bears the continuous exposure to the harmful rays of the sun, which can lead to fading of these tattoos. The best way to counter this problem is to apply sunscreen on a regular basis. Also, tattooing in this area can be quite painful as the skin in this area is thin and sensitive. The inner wrist is the part which holds the pulse of the heart, which makes it all the more delicate. This is the reason which often dissuades people from getting wrist tattoos done. But the charm and beauty of wrist tattoos make them highly desirable and many of the tattoo lovers are ready to bear this pain too.
Popular Wrist Tattoo Designs
Popular Wrist Tattoo Design Ideas
Wrist is one of the most prominent body parts, particularly in women, which is why women adorn them with bangles and bracelets. Tattoos make another wonderful way of wrist adornments, with tattoo designers continually working on new and creative design ideas for creating the most amazing wrist tattoos. Here are some most popular wrist tattoo designs:
- Bird Wrist Tattoos – Bird tattoos look really good on wrists of girls as they are feminine in design. Most of them are made in black color and can be made at an affordable price on account of their small size. It can be featured on the center of the wrist or its side.
- Bow and Arrow Wrist Tattoo Design – The bow and arrow wrist tattoo design is a popular unisex design, which represents courage and boldness.
- Butterfly Wrist tattoo – Another attractive wrist tattoo option for women is the classic butterfly design as like Koi fish, which covers a comparatively larger area and can be combined with flowers, initials or words to give it a more dramatic effect. One can choose a single, large and intricately designed butterfly as a wrist tattoo design, or go for a cluster of smaller, less detailed ones, but the effect is marvelous in any case.
- Key Wrist Tattoo – A key tattoo on the wrist stands as a symbol of faith and can be a good choice for both the sexes. It can signify opening the new doors and directions in life. The design is simple, yet it looks attractive on men and women.
- Religious Symbols – A tattoo lover can have a religious symbol tattooed on his wrist, as a representation of his faith and belief in a subtle manner. Even musical symbols look good on the wrist and are particularly preferred by those in this profession. They can even go for musical notes and lyrics from their favorite song to epitomize their passion for music as a part of their physical being. Some people go for symbols in ancient languages like Sanskrit, Latin or Chinese, to get a totally unique tattoo design for their wrist.
- Celestial Bodies – Celestial bodies like the sun, moon and stars are a good option for wrist tattoos. Such tattoos not only look attractive, but also impart strength of character to the bearer. Star tattoo designs are available in a great variety, while a combination of these bodies can fuse into a great idea. A single star or a cluster may be placed along the wrist for a wonderful effect, while these stars can be done in black or in an array of bright colors to get the desired look.
- Flower Wrist Tattoos – Flowers have been an eternal favorite when it comes to tattoo art. While a lotus signifies devotion and faith, rose stands for love and passion. Lilies, sunflower, daisies and hibiscus flowers are also featured in some tattoo designs. The design can include a single flower or a chain of them for an amazing design. They can be featured in vivid colors and with delicate detailing. Most of the flower tattoos are favored by women.
- Compass and Anchor Wrist Tattoos – Objects related to the ocean, such as the compass and the anchor are also a great choice for wrist tattoos among the masculine gender. Such tattoos are more detailed and cover a larger surface area. A compass tattoo, in particular, may reach the arm of the bearer.
- Heart Wrist Tattoos – Next among the wrist tattoos is the amazing option of the heart, which is the symbol of love and passion. Heart tattoos make a meaningful design for those looking for couple tattoos, as they stand for the love and commitment of a couple towards each other.
- Feather Wrist Tattoos – Feather design is also favored by both men and women, when it comes to wrist tattoo designs as it gives plenty of room for creativity and can be presented in many different ways to create a unique end result. If you are looking for feather tattoos, we have most thorough collection feather tattoos.
- Band Designs – The popularity of wrist band designs has been on an increase as they enhance the attraction value of the wrist, in addition to giving a bigger surface area to create a unique design. It looks more like a jeweled adornment rather than a tattoo design.
In addition to these amazing wrist tattoo designs, the bearer can go for some names, special words or quotes. Words like “Love” and “Believe” are often featured as wrist tattoo designs. Also, one can go for one’s own name or initials or those of the most special person in one’s life. Tribal tattoo designs are another favorable option in wrist tattoos, but they are mostly preferred by men. These can include Celtic designs or Maori tattoos. The lighter the wrist tattoo designs, the better it is as they are to be carved in a small space. Therefore, one needs to look for something simple and uncomplicated, which is easy to do yet look attractive.
The options among wrist tattoo designs are almost endless. All the bearer has to do is to pick the right design to suit his or her personality as well as attitude. At the same time, it should look cool and fashionable, which is the very purpose to have a tattoo done.